Tinmel Mosque Day Trip from Marrakech
Tinmel Mosque Day trip from Marrakesh, on the road to Asni, after crossing a narrow steep valley, What is our surprise when suddenly discovering a landscape that recalls the Cathar country. On a first promontory, a Kasbah, then, hung on the mountain side, lake and several berber villages. In Ijoukak Our discovery day will begin with an early departure from Marrakech to the Tinmel Mosque Day Trip, the cultural and spiritual cradle of the Almohads founded by Mehdi Ibn Toumert in the early 12th century and was his command center for the conquest of Marrakech in 1147. The The architecture of this monument is typical and was the great source of inspiration for the construction of the famous Koutoubia mosque in Marrakech.
Beautiful Views of Atlas Mountains
Meandering the Atlas mountains you will enjoy beautiful views of the traditional Berber villages and stands on Nfi Valley ‘to Lake Ouirgane where you can enjoy a good tea with local herbs accompanied by homemade bread, d olive oil, olives, honey… in the shade and the shores of this huge lake you will enjoy unique natural paintings of the Atlas Landscapes full of contrasts of lights and reflections of shadows and colors to take your breath away. After your snack, you will take the road to the Tinmel Mosque that you can see from afar, hanging on the side of the mountains overlooking the steep Valley of Ouirgane. This rare architectural heritage of the Almohad dynasty, which was rebuilt in 1995, is on a hill about 1230 meters high.
You will then stop near the village of Ikoukak to discover the current lifestyle of Berbers by savoring an authentic Berber tagine at a local family in a traditional village on the bank opposite the Ouirgane valley road. After your lunch break you will enjoy a wonderful walk through the houses and paths of the village and terraces of almond and walnut fields from where you will have exceptional Panoramic Views on most of the landscapes of the region. Return to your accommodation in Marrakech at the end of the afternoon.
OUR PRICES FOR THIS PROGRAM
2 - 15 persons
- Cross the mountains of the Grand Atlas and discover the typical Berber villages and the Ouirgane valley.
- Enjoy a tea break with local herbs at the beautiful Lake Ouirgane and in the heart of an alpine landscape at the foot of the Atlas Mountains.
- Ride the N’Fis valley towards the famous Tizi’N Taset pass and discover unique breathtaking landscapes.
- Discover the Tinmel Mosque, the cradle of the Almohad Dynasty and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Enjoy a warm welcome to a local family while savoring a delicious Berber tajine.
- Stroll through an authentic village in the heart of the Ouirgane Valley and discover the traditional way of life of the inhabitants of the Atlas.
- Departure time: 08h30 Local time of your hotel.
- Return time: 17H00 Local time.
- Transfer from / to your accommodation in Marrakech.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation Note in Marrakech If you are staying inside the Medina, your pickup will be at the closest point accessible to vehicles.
- Comfortable and air-conditioned transport.
- Local herbal tea on the shore of Ouirgane Lake.
- Lunch at the inhabitant near Tinmel.
- Bottle of water.
- A local mountain Guide.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Personal expenses.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Bring comfortable clothes and shoes, sunglasses, cap or hat, solar cream and camera. Vegetarian option is available on demand. For inaccessible accommodation by car, pick up from the nearest suitable point usually a car park.
that we can currently only accept in We need an advance of 30% of the total amount 4 weeks prior to arrival date, the remaining 70% are to be paid in cash upon arrival. Payment: can be done in € / $ / £ ou MAD